Sunday, August 9, 2009

We made it through the first week...barely!



Well the first week back proved to be a tough one....


After mom kissed Ethan good night on Tuesday, she didnt even see him again until Friday night!
This is what happens when you work 42 hours in 3 days!! For totally unclear reasons, our "orientation" day took 15 hours....and Thursday night I was in the operating rooms till almost 9 pm!
And things weren't much better for dad.


WE all were a bit shell shocked. Luckily it was a short week, and we had the weekend to recooperate...Which is a good thing considering I am working 24 hours next Sunday. I am not quite sure what I have gotten myself into here....I have been told it will get better....Let's hope so! I missed Ethan!


In other news, Ethan is really getting strong. Looked what he learned to do when mom and dad were hard at work!

He's not crawling yet, but he sure wants to!



3 comments:

  1. What?!! Orientation was 15 hours long! Wow...these east coast programs work you guys hard! I hope it gets better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Marla and Jason!

    What a great pre-crawling picture, by the way! He is just a chunk of a little man! Love it! Kate has figured out how to climb chairs and other furniture. Just you wait...it will come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoe has those same baby legs- so yummy. He looks like he is adjusting well to east coast life even though its a lot of work for you both! Sam

    ReplyDelete