Saturday, October 3, 2009

Not a baby anymore!



These Days, Ethan is growing up fast.
He is crawling up a storm, and learning how to pull himself up to standing.
We have to be really careful, because he is a little too adventurous at times--trying to pull himself up on a wobbly chair--or letting go of the furniture in order to clap his hands only to come tumbling down.



At least his skull is getting thicker!
Changing his diaper has become a real challenge--why should he lie still when he can flip over and crawl off the edge of the dresser?
We are constantly trying to prevent one suicide mission after another. His favorite thing to crawl towards is the lamp's electrical cord. He is also a big fan of the computer cables, and electric outlets--thanks goodness we have put those caps on the sockets! I don't know if all 8-month-olds are like this, or if it is more of a boy thing.

He has also learned how to spit out his food if he is done or doesn't like it. Lilia had to change him 3 times in one day after he did this! He's getting rambunctious... I didn't realize how easy things were when he couldn't move around!

In other news, fall is starting to arrive. We dug out a few winter-ish things we have from San Francisco, but have realized we have a lot of shopping to do for the cold!


1 comment:

  1. I think it is all 8 mo. olds or maybe those with Harris blood? By the way, we don't have cows (though Kurt wishes we did). We were doing chores for friends while they were taking a vacation that week. ;-) Fun pictures but I don't know what I'd do if I had cow -poo, spit, feed etc. daily. Kurt on the otherhand would be in paradise, I think!

    ReplyDelete