Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ethan's Birthday Weekend



We have had a busy weekend celebrating Ethan's 4th Birthday!  I can't believe it has been 4 years since he was born--looking at Alaina now, I see how much he has grown in those four short years and I am really amazed.

Ethan's birthday was Friday.  We wanted it to be extra-special, since he has had to adjust to a new sister, and getting less attention.  Unfortunately, the day before I was suddenly struck by a case of mastitis.  It was quite possibly the sickest I have ever been, and was definitely worse than labor (not kidding).  So, Jason stepped up and baked muffins and brought in the birthday treats for snacktime at Ethan's preschool.  What a great Dad!  Meanwhile, Jason's parents came over and took care of me and Alaina.  What great in-laws!!  I sure realized what a great family I have out here!

Anyhow, Ethan enjoyed celebrating with his class.










That night for dinner, he chose french toast for a birthday meal (just like last year!).  He enjoyed it with dad, grandma and grandpa.  I made it out of bed to watch him blow out candles on some cupcakes and open his presents.



On Sunday, we had planned his party at a gym near our house.  Weeks ago we realized we wouldn't be able to do a good job hosting a party with a 3 week old, so we outsourced it to San Rafael Gymnastics.  Boy I am glad we did, since I was still under the weather, and we would have had to cancel if it was at our place.

Ethan and his friends had a blast doing gymnastics, jumping on the trampolines, jumping into the foam pit, and going on special swings.








So despite my absence, it seems as though he had a great celebration.  Happy birthday, Ethan!!




















1 comment:

  1. Aw, stinky mastitis! Looks like it was fun without you though. Neat swings...and place for a party! Wow! I can hardly believe he's 4. Happy Birthday Ethan!

    ReplyDelete