Our latest "project" is a big one--we want to start a kitchen and laundry room remodel. Actually it is more than just a remodel, it is also an addition. Our master plan is to turn our current galley kitchen/laundry area into a big open kitchen with an island!! We have spent lots of time planning out the space, thinking about layout and looking at pictures. Pretty much our evenings, if Jason and I are both home, are spent in the office pouring over ideas. Thank goodness for the website houzz, which has provided us with a lot of inspiration. Our preliminary draft came back last week....we made some changes and are now waiting for draft #2. The next step will be permitting (which we have heard can take a LONG time). Then we will get to do the fun stuff--picking out cabinets, tile and appliances. I am thinking it is highly unlikely we will break ground before the new year, but we will see how it goes. I know that will be the un-fun part--dust, drafts, and nowhere to prepare meals or do laundry. But, it will be all worth it (I think) when we get our new kitchen!
Sunday, September 29, 2013
Future Plans
Our latest "project" is a big one--we want to start a kitchen and laundry room remodel. Actually it is more than just a remodel, it is also an addition. Our master plan is to turn our current galley kitchen/laundry area into a big open kitchen with an island!! We have spent lots of time planning out the space, thinking about layout and looking at pictures. Pretty much our evenings, if Jason and I are both home, are spent in the office pouring over ideas. Thank goodness for the website houzz, which has provided us with a lot of inspiration. Our preliminary draft came back last week....we made some changes and are now waiting for draft #2. The next step will be permitting (which we have heard can take a LONG time). Then we will get to do the fun stuff--picking out cabinets, tile and appliances. I am thinking it is highly unlikely we will break ground before the new year, but we will see how it goes. I know that will be the un-fun part--dust, drafts, and nowhere to prepare meals or do laundry. But, it will be all worth it (I think) when we get our new kitchen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment