Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween Fun



We have been busy and I have gotten behind on posting---but have to get a quick post in about Halloween. We had such a fun time celebrating!

The weekend before, we headed out to a pumpkin patch in western Marin.  It was a beautiful setting, and we were reminded how lucky we are to live here.



Later that day, Ethan enjoyed carving his jack-o-lantern.   He especially loved how it "glowed in the dark" at night.


Alaina's first Halloween was a smashing success.   I ordered her a cabbage patch wig on etsy.com in the first few days of October.   The crochet-er said "guaranteed by Halloween".  Perfect.  Except when on Oct 26 I had not heard from her at all.  I sent a quick email, and was told that she was running behind.   We pleaded, and I guess it worked, as Alaina's wig arrived just in the nick of time on Oct 30.
I have to say, it was completely cute and worth the wait!




Ethan also had a fantastic Halloween.   This year at school, they made Lion costumes.  One of the teachers told me that Ethan spent a LOT of time picking out all the yellow yarn pieces for his mane.  The costumes were cute and we enjoyed his last preschool parade.



For trick-or-treating Ethan picked a Spiderman costume.  Just like last year, we went trick-or-treating with his friend Shelby, who was Ironman.   I don't remember superheroes being so big when I was little, but I guess I was busy dressing up my cabbage patch kids!



  



No comments:

Post a Comment