Sunday, April 3, 2016

Terrible Three's?

Alaina was an absolutely sweet two-year old.  Sure, she had the occasional tears, but overall, she was easy-peasy.  That is, until she turned three.  For the past few months, she has been nothing short of a drama queen.  Anything that doesn't go her way results in a complete and utter  melt-down.  She will literally throw herself on the ground, and kick the floor in a true tepmer-tantrum style.  Some causes: "I didn't want to wear the rainbow socks"  "I wanted to brush my teeth after I go potty" and of course, the nightly  "I don't want to go to bed" episode.





Although Ethan never had classic temper tantrums like this, we are doing our best to grin and bear them.  Which means, generally ignoring them.  This results in some tricky situations when we are out and about.  But I figure, if she learns she can get her way by screaming in public, she might learn the temper tantrum is the solution to always getting donuts at the grocery store!

No comments:

Post a Comment