At Alaina's preschool, they provide a morning and afternoon snack. A few months ago, I picked her up during afternoon snack time and they were serving edamame. She stared at it and told me, "I don't like edamame". I asked if she had tried it, and she replied no. I told her that is was super good, and fun to eat, and then I ate a bit with her watching. She refused to try it, and we left.
Fast forward several weeks, when we are driving home from school one day, and Alaina tells me that she had edamame for snack and she loved it! She told me "you put it in your mouth and squeeze it and then the beans pop out! Yum!" I couldn't believe it. I guess I had made an impression sitting next to her at snack time. I have to say, I have never seen her eat anything green voluntarily!
Since then, she has been begging me to buy some edamame for home. Yesterday, I finally got to Trader Joes to pick some up. Today for "dessert" for lunch, guess what she requested? Yep, edamame. I told her she could have edamame for dessert anytime.
No comments:
Post a Comment