Saturday, January 14, 2017

Happy 4th Birthday, Alaina!

Last week, we celebrated Alaina's 4th birthday.  I went to her school and read 2 stories that she chose for circle time ("Pete the Cat Plays Ball" and "Curious George and the Happy Birthday Surprise").  We then had blueberry muffins (which Alaina helped make) for snack time.

   


For her birthday dinner, Alaina chose pancakes, and asked me to make her a "smiley face cake".  I got caught late at work the night before the birthday, so the cake was not my finest creation, but she didn't seem to mind.







Her birthday gift this year: a new bicycle!




I have to say, I am not too sad the threes are over.  The year was a bit tough for her emotionally-lots of tears, temper-tantrums and stubbornness.  I am hoping she can grow out of some of this as a four year old (and indeed, things have been slowly improving)....Still I love her to pieces and feel so lucky to be her mom!









No comments:

Post a Comment