Saturday, February 11, 2017

Of Rain and Rainbows

Well, it has been a REALLY rainy winter here.  Which is great, because we have had a pretty bad drought over the past few years.


Since Ethan's birthday, we have gotten 15.62 inches of rain in Marin!  That is a lot of water in 10 days!!  This past week, Ethan's school was closed two days due to flooding and power outages.

Needless to say the ground is saturated.  We are lucky that we have not had and flooding near our house, or trees fall on our property, but there have been many trees that have fallen down near us.

One thing that the rain has brought is rainbows.  I have never seen so many rainbows here as I have in the last two months.  The most beautiful one I caught while driving home--couldn't snap a pic, but it stretched across the sky behind the golden gate bridge.  Amazing.
Here are a few that I could snap:


No comments:

Post a Comment