On Saturday morning we took the kids to an Easter Egg hunt. I was able to get Alaina to wear a dress--and she sported a special one--a hand me down from her Mom. Yes, its another dress that my parents had saved from my childhood, hand-sewn by my Grandma Harris. It fits her perfectly now, and she looked adorable in it! I cant believe that we have these clothes. I wish my mom could see her, she would be so happy, I am sure. My Grandma was a quite the talented seamstress.
The other major weekend event was that it has been finally warm enough to use the pool! We turned on the solar heat late last week, and each day, the temperature has risen by 3-4 degrees--today it is at 76. While that is still a bit cold for me, the kids have loved it. We will get a lot of use out of it this summer, after two years of waiting.
A final weekend activity: beading. Alaina has been very into beading recently--she picked it up at school, where some of the more mature kids are allowed to make necklaces and bracelets. "Mom, did you know that Chase puts beads in his nose and so he is not allowed to do beads(!)" was a recent quote when we were driving home from school. Anyhow, she has convinced me that she won't put beads into her nose OR mouth and so I took her to the craft store for some beads today. Check out the necklace that she strung:
I am pretty happy that she at least is wearing a necklace--which she has refused in the past!
No comments:
Post a Comment