Sunday, November 29, 2020

COVID Thanksgiving

 Well, COVID Thanksgiving has come and gone.


We marked the day with a meal with my Dad and Marilyn.  Jeremy came too but ate outside.   Gary and Eileen did not come.   What a weird way to "celebrate" the holiday.


Jason smoked the Turkey after a dry brine, and I have to say it was delicious.   Even better than last year.   I tried to make my first cheesecake, which was a slight fail due to a leaky water bath.   Apparently the aluminum foil from the dollar store is not quite as leak-proof as one would hope.



Jason was on call the entire long weekend, and I was on call Saturday and Sunday, so my dad watched the kids for us on the weekend.   They took a nice hike in the Marin headlands and enjoyed treats including donuts, candy canes, peanut butter cups,  and milkshakes.    Its good to be spoiled by grandpa!





No comments:

Post a Comment