Sunday, January 10, 2021

Baking Weekend

 Well, we had a tough reentry into work and school.   On Monday, when I headed into work, it was pouring rain.   Just a few blocks from home my car skidded off the road, jumped two curbs and hit  a rock.  Luckily, the road was almost empty (it was 6:15am), so I didn't hit anyone, and I was totally unharmed.   The car however, was not.  :(   This was two days after our dryer broke at the cabin.   We also had several other minor things break this week: one of Alaina's favorite Christmas presents, our grill starter, and our wifi router.   So, no, not a great week.  

I spent the weekend baking, mostly to try to help improve everyone's mood, and provide some stress-induced calorie intake.

Here is what I made:

English muffins


Sourdough Bread and Baguettes (first timer the baguettes, not the best shape, but quite tasty!)


Raisin Bread


Lemon Bars


And Ethan made scones for Alaina's Birthday tomorrow:


So, hopefully we have eaten out of  last week's depression!!

Lets hope for a *less expensive* week ahead.















No comments:

Post a Comment