Sunday, May 16, 2021

Girl Scout Campout

 This weekend, Alaina had a girl scout camping trip!   Well, actually it was more like glamping.

We all stayed at the troop leader's dad's house (or perhaps more of an estate) in St. Helena in the Napa Valley.  

The house has been in her troop leader's family for years, and is perched high above the valley with a spectacular view.   The girls had a blast swimming, running around and playing games.   We ordered pizza for dinner and the moms got to enjoy wine made from the grapes that grow in the backyard!  


  

After dinner the girls roasted s'mores, and then enjoyed an outdoor movie.



I borrowed an air mattress from Jeremy, with the thought of getting a great night's sleep.  Unfortunately, it seems that the air mattress sprung a small leak, so in the middle of the night I found my bottom resting on the ground.   Alaina actually slept pretty well, from about 10:30pm to 6:30.

We left early the next morning, after profusely thanking our generous hosts.  

Alaina had an amazing time.  Now, I need to nap!













 


No comments:

Post a Comment