Because he was super busy with the conference all day off Friday, the kids and I went to the magic kingdom. Luckily, the weather was much cooler than it was when we were here in 2019. The kids and I spent the ENTIRE day at the park--tiring for sure, but we wanted to get our money's worth!
Alaina's favorite was space mountain, and Ethan's was big thunder mountain railroad. I had asked the kids to plan out our day beforehand, and Alaina put together a very cute list of "must-do's" --I think we hit everything on it!
On Saturday, we slept in to recover, and then followed my colleague's recommendation to go to Blue Springs State park to see the manatees, which is about an hour north of Orlando. Blue Springs is a natural spring with just about the clearest water I have ever seen. In winter, the mantees congregate here, because the 72 degree water is apparently warmer than the ocean. There were over 450 animals in the springs, plus a ton of fish that we could see as well. In the summer, once the manatees leave, you can also swing in the springs--which I suppose is one of the best freshwater places to swim in Florida, since you could easily see an approaching alligator!
On the way home we stopped for a round of mini-golf.
Sunday morning, Jason gave a talk, and I dragged the kids so they could see their dad in action.
Afterwards, we went to the pool until it was time for our flight. So, overall, a good, but busy weekend with a 3 hour time zone difference. The kids were tired last week for sure.






No comments:
Post a Comment