For the July 4th weekend, we headed to Tahoe. What difference a week made--temps were in the 80s, and sunny. Though the lake was still too cold to swim, the kids did dip their toes in!
On Saturday, we went for a hike out to Point Mariah and had a picnic lunch. Later that evening, Jason's parents drove up.
Sunday marked the 4th of July parade--Alaina enjoyed decorating her bike and riding in it--and then we spent some time at the beach where Jason enjoyed the chili cook off. Next year, Ethan claims he is going to enter the competition!
Unfortunately, Ethan and I had to head back on Sunday evening because I had to work on Monday and Ethan had her Berkely class (he is taking a public speaking course this year). Jason stayed with his parents throughout Tuesday night.
Ethan and I were both off on July 4th though, so we took a short hike with my dad in Marin and BBQed in the evening.
A nice holiday!


No comments:
Post a Comment