We have been busy and I have gotten a bit behind on posting--but this weekend was a big weekend: Prom!
Ethan went with his girlfriend, Sophia, who he has been dating for a couple of months.
The prom routine has changed a bit in the last 30 years. First, the process starts with a "promposal". This occurs, as best as I can tell, actually after the couple decides to go, to avoid any awkward rejections. So, the promposals occur in the week or two leading up to prom, and involve (usually) the boy creating a poster with a corny rhyme and finding the girl in the cafeteria to present it to the girl. Of course, this is all caught on camera and posted all over social media. 🙄 Anyway, here is a pic of Ethan's (which, of note, Alaina made):
Saturday night was the event. It was held at the Exchange Club, which is apparently a pretty posh place downtown. Ethan wore one of Jason's suits. I found this pretty impressive, since probably very few nearly 50 year-old dads can wear the same suit as their 17 year-old sons. Ethan did complain it was a little "big", but I thought it was a pretty impressive fit.
Ethan got ready with his friend James and then they met the girls nearby and headed to another girl's house for pictures.
I think that they made a pretty cute couple!
The morning when Ethan woke up, I asked him what he thought about the event. He told me, it was "fun but a bit overhyped". Anyway, definitely a milestone.

No comments:
Post a Comment