Monday, March 1, 2010

Ethan does Ethnic


For the past two nights, Ethan has had Indian food for dinner. And he loves it. He definitely did not acquire his mom's palate--the kid eats everything! We have introduced him to Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese and now Indian.
The only type of food he has had a problem with is Japanese: we live around the corner from a hibachi grill Japanese restaurant. A few weeks ago, some friends came over for dinner, and we decided to go there. Well, Ethan was absolutely TERRIFIED of the Japanese chefs, who were doing tricks with their knives and lighting fires on the grills. Then, as if this wanst bad enough, some waiters came out banging a gong (for someone's birthday) and he completely lost it. I mean total freak out. I actually had to leave the restaurant and eat at home with him. So no more Japanese, for a while at least!

1 comment:

  1. LOL to the "his mom's palate" line! I do recall frustration on the part of Grandma Harris in this regard. ;-) Glad to hear all the cultural eating has been for the most part a success.

    Kate had salmon for the first time a few weeks back and decided "I no like salmon." Days later while tasting some other new food (I don't recall what) she spit it out, looked at me and said, "I no LIKE salmon, Momma!"

    ReplyDelete