Certainly this is not my favorite task (clearly not Jason's either)...so I don't get around to doing it too often. But today was a nice day, so I took advantage of Alaina's afternoon nap to get some weeding done.
Check out my find:
Yep, a four-leaf clover. And a pretty big one at that. Now, about a month ago, I found another 4-leafed clover in the same area, though much smaller...and today there was also another small slightly misshapen one too. I am pretty sure it is clover (and not another plant), as they have been surrounded by the three-leaf varieties.
I decided to Wikipedia four-leaf clovers, and this is what I found out:
"The four-leaf clover is an uncommon variation of the common, three-leaved clover. According to tradition, such leaves bring good luck to their finders, especially if found accidentally. In addition, each leaf is believed to represent something: the first is for faith, the second is for hope, the third is for love, and the fourth is for luck.[1]
It has been estimated that there are approximately 10,000 three-leaf clovers for every four-leaf clover....It is debated whether the fourth leaflet is caused genetically or environmentally"
So, perhaps I am lucky..or perhaps there is some strange substance in the soil causing my normal clover weeds to mutate, as I certainly haven't pulled 30,000 three leaf clovers from our garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment