Saturday, June 8, 2013

Chupita



About a month ago, we decided to get rid of Alaina's pacifier.   She was waking up at all hours of the night when it fell out of her mouth and that was driving me crazy!  So we went cold turkey.  She had a rough few days, but then things got better.

We also had been swaddling her in a swaddling blanket until about a week or two ago--but I had noticed that she kept breaking out of the swaddle, and seemed much happier if her hands were free.   So I have been wrapping just her legs.

Well, once her hand were free--- she became a thumb sucker,   I guess to make up for the lack of pacifier.  Ethan was a thumb sucker too.  Interestingly, he always sucked his left thumb, and he is now left-handed.  Alaina seems to prefer her right.  Ethan's old nanny used to call him "chupito" which is spanish meaning "little sucker".   I guess that Alaina is our chupita!



No comments:

Post a Comment