Curls: It appears that Alaina has slightly curly hair. This is especially apparent right after a bath, when the hair at the back of her neck curls up. Now, as someone with stick straight hair, who has always dreamed of having some natural curls, I am so happy that my daughter has gotten some waves. I remember back in 8th grade as part of our confirmation classes, we all had to "give" our classmates wishes for the future. We wrote them all down, and the teacher collected and distributed them to each of us at the end of the year. Melissa Perry, a girl with beautiful curly hair that I always admired, gave me "a daughter with curly hair". I will always remember that gift because I thought it was so sweet. And, I feel so lucky now, to have her wish for me come true!
Teeth: Finally, after a many-month hiatus, it seems like Alaina is contributing to her 2 lower teeth. She has two uppers coming in now, and it looks like others are not far behind.
Books: Every night before bed, Jason or I will read her a short book. We set it on the table bedside her crib and then tuck her in. Recently, she has decided that she likes to read HERSELF to sleep, as she somehow manages to grab the book, pull it lengthwise though the slats of her crib and flip though it before nodding off.
Love this post! What a sweet girl you have!
ReplyDelete