Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spring has Sprung

A long time ago, even before I was married, I had a plan that one day when I had children, they would be born in the summer.  After all, what can be better than a summer birthday--an outside party, no school, warm weather...I always loved having a birthday in June.  Now look at me, two kids--one with a February birthday and one with a January birthday!  What do they say about best laid plans?   Of course, what I didn't realize then is that you cant really just pick your kid's birthday--it works out when it works out.

We are in full spring here, so actually I guess January and February birthdays are not so bad in California anyhow.  Each day I take Alaina out for a walk--here are a few pictures I snapped yesterday.




Tress are flowering, grass is growing and bulbs are blooming.  Compare that to the picture my dad sent me this morning of Chicago:




Now, I do miss snow, but it is nice to get to take the baby out for walks and not worry about her getting too cold!  So even though I didn't get summer babies, I guess I can't complain.   Plus, there are great summer half-birthdays to celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Erik is my first winter baby...snow and cold not so fun for babes. The girls however have been doing some sledding! I can hardly believe how warm your pictures look!

    ReplyDelete