Sunday, March 30, 2014

T-Ball

For the past year or so, Ethan has been begging me to play baseball.   This all started because our local park has a little league field, and frequently in the fall and spring kids are out there playing...Ethan loves to watch.   T-ball in the little league starts for five year olds who turn 5 by Feb 1....Ethan just barely made the cut-off date.  I signed him up, only to find out there was practice at 2pm on Wednesdays (or something ridiculous like that which he would never make since he goes to preschool in the city), and so we dropped out.  Ethan was dismayed, but luckily I found a special preschool t-ball class called t-ball kids.  It is more of a skills class, that meets (only) on Saturdays for an hour.



In a show of my true athletic prowess, I brought Ethan to his first class without either a baseball hat or a mitt. (I never played baseball, how would I know you have to show up with these things??  I did bring sunscreen!)  Ethan was the only kid who didn't have either of these, and he broke down into tears and announced he didn't want to play.   Oops.   I somehow convinced him to play anyway, and by the end, he was having a blast.

Of course on the way home, we stopped and got a baseball hat and a mitt.   He had his pick of all MLB teams...and guess which he picked??  That's right, the Cubs!  So now that he is well-equipt, he really looks forward to his class each week.

And in our housing update:   The foundation is poured!  We have been getting some rain, but the contractor hopes to start framing next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment